- Pelican Waste will be distributing new, clean, shiny blue, 95-gallon trash carts to residences in St. Martin Parish. We will begin service in these areas on July 1st. This includes a new blue 65-gallon cart for recycling. The recycle carts will be blue with bright yellow lids. Garbage and recycle collection will both be one time a week. Your garbage collection day will not change. Bulk items will be serviced twice a month.
- To see the list of items you can and cannot recycle please click the link below. http://pelicanwaste.net/residential/education
- Branches no longer need to be bundled or bagged and there is a 50-pound weight limit. Residents of St. Martin Parish will also be provided a household hazardous waste day. This day has not yet been determined. It will be advertised through St. Martin Parish Government. Pelican Waste & Debris, LLC will bill customers directly on a quarterly basis. Bills will be paid pre service instead of post service. Water Companies throughout our parish will discontinue billing for our residents come July 1, 2019.
- As each of the new blue carts are delivered, we ask that you read the accompanying letters that we leave with it. It provides the information you need regarding where to place the cart on your trash collection day. It also includes recycling education guidelines that explain what you can and can’t place inside your recycle bin.
- Not overfilling the carts is a necessary practice for everyone. The semi-automated trash collection trucks cannot lift an overfilled cart. We ask that the residents’ partner with us so we can provide clean, swift and dependable service. We want to assure the residents of St. Martin Parish that we care about providing them with excellent service. We, the owners and staff, have many decades of experience in trash collection. We understand how our neighbors, family, friends and business associates live and work. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. Thank you for choosing Pelican Waste & Debris to land in your neighborhood
If you have questions, or have an issue with garbage collection, or would like
an additional cart, contact our Franklin Office: 337.907.6686.